On Oblivion
"Cast spells to breathe or walk on water, open locks, shield from physical and magical damage, and alter encumbrance. Alteration spells and spell effects are rated by Mastery Levels; you can only cast spells rated at or below your current Mastery Level."-Oblivion Manual
 Skill Perks
- A novice can cast novice spells.
- An apprentice can cast apprentice spells.
- A journeyman can cast journeyman spells.
- An expert can cast expert spells.
- A master can cast all spells.
 Spell Effects
You gain 4 experience every time you cast an Alteration spell.
- The best spell for training is Protect, it's convenient since you can cast it on yourself and it's fairly cheap.
- Once you've completed the Recommendation quests for the Mages Guild, create a custom Protection spell with the lowest magnitude. It will only take one or two magika points to cast so by the time you've cast the spell you should of regenerated the magicka anyway.
- Cast Protect spells everywhere you go.
- Equip a weapon and hold block, and you'll cast spells quicker.
 NPC Trainers
Basic Training (0-40)
- Deetsan (Located in Cheydinhal Mages Guild)
- Dovyn Aren (Located near Ida Vlinorman in the Imperial City Elven Gardens District)
Advanced Training (0-70)
Master Training (0-100)
 On Morrowind
Related ThreadsAlchemy vs Alteration - last post by @ Aug 29, 2007
Easy Skill Raise Alteration, Smithing, and Enchanting - last post by @ Nov 2, 2013
Why cant i pray at the alter in the chapel!? - last post by @ Nov 22, 2006
Knights of the nine alter is missing?? - last post by @ Aug 3, 2007
knights of the nine alter missing?? - last post by @ Aug 26, 2008