On Oblivion
Armorer is the skill of mending and keeping ones armor in top condition. The only tool required for repairing armor and weapons is a Repair Hammer. The higher the skill level, the faster the armor gets repaired and the long a hammer lasts. It is governed by the attribute Endurance and is Combat based.
The Nord race gains an initial 5+ bonus in Armorer.
The Orc race gains an initial 10+ bonus.
 Skill Perks
- At Novice, Repair Hammers last half as long.
- At Apprentice, Repair Hammers last longer.
- At Journeyman, magical items can be repaired.
- At Expert, weapons and armor can be improved to 125%. Weapons do more damage and armor protects more.
- At Master, Repair Hammers last indefinitely. One hammer lasts a life-time.
Every time you repair something you gain 1.5 experience.
- Carry multiple repair hammers with you everywhere you go.
- Pick up your enemies weapons and armour once they've been slain and repair them.
- Hotkey your repair hammers for quick and easy access to them.
- Repair everything even when it's only damaged to 99 health, try to repair after each enemy killed.
- When you fire your bow it automatically gets 1 damage. Fire into the floor and repair your bow after every arrow. You do not get Marksman exp for this.
- If you have completed the Mages Guild then you can create a custom Disintegrate weapon or armour spell. Cast the spell and repair, then rinse and repeat. This is also good training for Destruction.