The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
 Plot Summary
"TURN THE TIDE OF DARKNESS!"The Elder Scrolls (Series) of games. The gates of Oblivion have been opened allowing demons to march upon the lands of Cyrodiil - the capital of Tamriel and the Imperial Empire. Finding yourself in prison, you come to terms with who you are only to come face to face with the Emperor Uriel Septim himself. The Emperor is assassinated by an evil cult, but just before he dies he entrusts you with Amulet of Kings. You must find the Emperor's illegitimate son Martin Septim who is the only heir to the throne. The Dragonfires need to be lit once more to halt the destruction of Tamriel.
- Live Another Life: Choose from ten races each with their own mixture of advantages and disadvantages. Become the knight in shining armor or the assassin of the night.
- Next Generation Graphics: Experience the next province of Tamriel and become immersed within the realistic and stylish graphics widely viewed as "the best" for their time.
- New and Improved Systems: Take the next step into role playing with the improved combat, magic and stealth systems. Fight like a weapon master, cast magic as a seasoned magician with one handed whilst wielding a weapon with the other; or cloak yourself within the shadows, scouting enemies and waiting for that important moment to strike.
- All New Voice Acting and Radiant AI: Experience voice acting within The Elder Scrolls series like never before with the likes of celebrities such as Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean and Terence Stamp. Also, bear witness to NPCs using their own initiative, making decisions from when to sleep, eat, fight or even steal if they are struggling to find food or money.
- All New Compass, Fast Travel and Map Markers: Introducing tools that no adventurer can leave behind; the handy compass that acts as a map, fast travel ability to help shorten those long and winded journeys, and map markers that help guide you to the correct destination of a quest.
- Behold a Free Roaming Land: A vast land awaits to be explored and also holds many secrets, treasures and dangers. Bethesda's trademark gameplay system allows you to do literally anything you want at anytime. Witness the slow death of confined worlds in video games. Are you brave enough cross a land rumored to be three times the size of past deeply explored provinces?
 Getting Started
 Forward Progression
 What's Next?
 Friends & Enemies
 Other Helpful Pages
 System Requirements
(Taken from a readme file by tallteen86)
Note that adding user mods to the game may decrease performance.
-Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP
- 512MB System RAM
- 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 8x DVD-ROM Drive
- 4.6 GB free hard disk space
- DirectX 9.0c (included)
- 128MB Direct3D Compatible Video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver
- DirectX 8.1 Compatible Sound Card
- Keyboard, Mouse
-Recommended System Requirements:
- 3.0 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
- 1 GB System RAM (2 GB of System RAM to use Heightmap Editing)
- ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card
-Supported Video Card Chipsets: ATI X1900 series ATI X1800 series ATI X1600 series ATI X1300 series ATI X850 series ATI x800 series ATI x700 series ATI x600 series ATI Radeon 9800 series ATI Radeon 9700 series ATI Radeon 9600 series ATI Radeon 9500 series NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series NVIDIA GeForce FX series
Related ThreadsBethesda Softworks Announces The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition - last post by @ Jul 19, 2007
Pictures requested for "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" Neowiki, please help - last post by @ Mar 24, 2009
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Rules, Guidelines, and Notices - last post by @ Apr 10, 2007
The Future of TES:IV - Oblivion - last post by Robot Hive @ Dec 5, 2008
TES IV: Oblivion Story Game, Round Two - last post @ Aug 23, 2008